Saturday, March 8, 2008

Have the tides turned?


I wanted to leave you all with a few thoughts for the weekend. Over the past few days I was incapacitated with the flu and was unable to watch TV or check any online news. Perhaps I should get sick more often, as when I checked todays news there seems to lots of positive things out there about Mrs. Clinton. From Wolf telling us she "has her mojo back" to the talks about getting delegates from MI and FL seated at the convention this June.

While this new lean toward Hillary is more than welcome by me, I am left wondering if we really are all being played like a fiddle by the media. This whole election seems so orchestrated. We have front runner Clinton surpassed by the scrappy little Senator from Illinois only to once again come out on top a few months later. Throughout the whole debacle we have been glued to the TV, Internet and even our local papers. For once the media economy is being driven by something other than Britney Spears.

While the democratic party is being torn apart (I don't buy this whole "we will be a united party in the end BS" after the past few weeks), John McCain finesses his campaign and the media carefully crafts the next ups and downs of the campaign....

No comments: