Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hillary's Economic Blueprint for the 21st Century

A few days ago, Hillary Clinton released an economic blueprint detailing exactly what steps she will take to bring stability and dare I say prosperity to America once again. None of her rivals have ever come out with such a comprehensive plan, and I encourage all of you to read it. Sadly, not many people have read this document, as was seen in the recent Wisconsin primary.

Too many people want to be told what to think, and that's what Hillary's main rival is taking advantage of. If people don't learn more about what their candidate has to offer or and take him or her at their word, they cannot make a fair and informed decision. Critics may look to Hillary's recent "blueprint" and say that it is filled with too many generalizations. I would counter that, and mention that her thought and investment in her campaign and policies far exceeds that of any of her rivals.

I don't know about you, but I am ready for something different in our country. I have too many friends who have only known this country with Bush. At 25, I have spent nearly the whole of my adult life not expecting a whole lot from our president. Hillary Clinton finally has given me reason to believe. I have been lead astray by our current presidents empty words and rhetoric for almost a decade. And in my working life, I have realized to put my faith in people who make things happen and who have plans about how to make more things happen. People can talk all they want, but at the end of the day they need a plan. Actions truly do speak louder than words.

Going into the next years of my life, I am going to have to start making choices that effect my future. Whether it be who I think can lead the country best to how I am going to save for my retirement. I trust that Hillary will do the best as President. These are a few highlights from her plan that stand out to me:

• A Generous Matching 401(k) Plan for All Americans. Hillary understands that saving and building wealth can be the key to the American dream - the difference between just getting by and getting ahead....working andmiddle class families who currently have the hardest time savingwill get up to $1000 in matching tax cuts as an incentive to save....


Making College Affordable for All. In our 21st century economy, a college education is more important than ever...Her plan includes a new $3,500 college tax credit that will cover more than 50 percent of the typical cost of public colleges and universities, or the full cost
of tuition and fees for community colleges. She would increase the size of Pell Grants, strengthen our community colleges, and invest $500 million to support innovative, on-the-job training and apprenticeship programs for those who don’t attend college.


Restore a strong, vibrant manufacturing sector in America. Hillary firmly believes that we cannot remain a great country with a strong economy if we don’t make things in America. As co-chair of the Senate Manufacturing Caucus, Hillary knows and understands both the challenges and opportunities facing American manufacturing...She will invest in development of processes and products that could lower costs, improve efficiencies, and create more jobs
in our manufacturing base and keep America competitive. She will expand the Manufacturing Extension Partnership, which for a $100 million investment yields $910 million in new investments and trains or retrains 50,000 workers. And she will provide $20 billion in Green Vehicle Bonds to help American auto companies retool the oldest auto plants to meet her strong efficiency standards, while addressing retiree health legacy costs with tax credits for qualifying private and public retiree health plans.

There is so much more to this plan. Please read it, think about it and share it with people! (especially in TX, OH, VT, RI, PA!!)


No comments: